From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject ECCN cryptography reporting?
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 02:23:42 GMT
Hi,

Taverna is preparing its cryptography registration for US Export purposes:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAVERNADEV/Taverna+Cryptography+review

We want to have this sorted before we make the next release candidate
- but we're awaiting LEGAL-250 to see if we can reduce the list of
transitive dependencies in this list - it feels excessive if "anything
that can do https" needs to be listed (that would presumably affect
many more projects)

See also http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html and already classified
ASF products on http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

Formally - would it need to be the Incubator PMC chair sending the
ECCN encryption email?

I'll let you know when it's ready to send.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718