From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: In-flight release in Incubator
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 01:22:39 GMT
Chris Riccomini wrote on 5/5/16 6:26 PM:
> Hey all,
>
> Airflow was in the middle of a release prior to joining Apache Incubator,
> and had several RCs out. The release has already been delayed by several
> weeks due to bugs we've discovered. We don't want to tie this release to
> the full-blown Apache release cycle, since we're not yet ready to tick off
> all the boxes there. Is it possible for us to finish off our prior release
> outside of Apache (i.e. tag it in Git, and put a package in PyPI)?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

I don't see why not.  Just don't call it an Apache project or release -
call it whatever you used to call it, using whatever release platform
the project used in the past.

You can certainly email the dev@ list noting the release, just clearly
noting that it's a release outside of Apache.

All the code is open source licensed, so people are free to use it as
they wish, just not using "Apache" with it (yet).

- Shane