From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.3 (incubating)
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 04:50:26 GMT
Hi,

> Just so that we get it right the next time, can you verify that the current
> NOTICE is acceptable or does it require further changes?

Doesn’t look correct to me as you are including items that should be in LICENSE not NOTICE.
In general permissive licensed items don’t need to be mentioned in NOTICE [1]

Do any of the Apache licensed bundled items have a NOTICE file? If so then their required
notices are needed to be placed in your NOTICE [2]

I am however more concerned with the missing licenses.

Thanks,
Justin

1.  http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice