From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: HTrace 4.1 release
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:45:15 GMT
Thanks for the comments so far, guys.

Porting over the votes from the HTrace development list:
Michael Stack: +1
Lewis John McGibbney: +1
Masatake Iwasaki: +1
Elliot Clark: +1
and of course myself, +1.

It seems like we need another IPMC vote on this; does anyone have time
to take a look?

cheers,
Colin

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Right.  The reason why the files are inside my user account rather
>> than inside http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/htrace/ where all the
>> previous release artifacts are is because the release hasn't been
>> finalized yet.
>
> Which is sorry to say still the wrong location, they should be under htrace here [1],
the policy changed 3 or 4 years ago? The advantage of putting them here is that they can be
published with a svn move so it’s 100% certain that the voted on RC is identical to the
release.

>> We don't bundle anything from Twitter.
>
> If it not bundled there’s no need to mention it in LICENSE or NOTICE.
>
>> That makes sense.  Do you have an example of a project which does this
>> right?
>
> There’s a few, but off top of my head groovy [2],  Zeppelin [3], and (while simple)
 [4]. There's a few different styles there but should give you the idea.