From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.7.1 RC2
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 01:54:48 GMT
Hi,

> OK. Are you suggesting that for our next release we go back to fully
> copying all licenses into LICENSE.txt rather than providing pointers? (i.e.
> essentially reverting back to what we did for 0.7.0?)

The short form is currently preferred. In license [1] you have the full text of most licenses
and some pointers to others. Just seems a little inconsistent and makes it harder to review.
The changed explanation text in license now does make it a little clearer.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/cloudera/kudu/blob/master/LICENSE.txt