From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating (take 2)
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 04:17:12 GMT
Hi Justin,

thanks for the feedback.

For the binary, we gonna fix that.

For the NOTICE, as said on another thread, honestly, it's very difficult
to know what to include or not. Serge generated the NOTICE file (note
that the NOTICE generated is not the same in binary and source
distributions) using the details from the licensing how-to, but it's not
obvious and it seems that we are not all aligned on the mailing list.
So, we gonna update with your feedback.

I gonna cancel the release and do it again.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 01/27/2016 02:07 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry but it’s -1 binding as there are unexpected binary files in the source release.
>
> There are a few other things that need to be fixed but they wouldn’t be blockers (IMO)
for this release.

> I checked:
> - name includes incubating
> - signatures all good
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE is OK
> - NOTICE has extra information. There is no need to add anything to NOTICE for MIT license
software [1] or (usually) for Apache licensed software. [2] NOTICE needs to be keep small.
[7]
> - NOTICE may be missing information.  Hyperic Sigar contains a NOTICE file (which incorrectly
lists MIT and Apache software). [12] It may be that some of these notices need to be added
to NOTICE or LICENSE. [11]
> - There are unexpected binary files in the release (see below).
> - All source files contain Apache header
> - Can compile from source
>
> Binary files under [10] include:
> libsigar-amd64-freebsd-6.so		libsigar-x86-freebsd-5.so
> libsigar-amd64-linux.so			libsigar-x86-freebsd-6.so
> libsigar-amd64-solaris.so		libsigar-x86-linux.so
> libsigar-ia64-linux.so			libsigar-x86-solaris.so
> libsigar-sparc-solaris.so		sigar-amd64-winnt.dll
> libsigar-sparc64-solaris.so		sigar-x86-winnt.dll
> libsigar-universal-macosx.dylib		sigar-x86-winnt.lib
> libsigar-universal64-macosx.dylib
>
> Also can you look into:
> - Can you place artefacts in correct release area. Note that this is marked as a MUST!
[3][4][5][6]
> - There’s probably no need for need for KEYS file inside artefact and in fact at that
point it's too late to be of any real use.
> - Year is wrong in NOTICE file
>
> Also for the binary convenience release:
> - It is missing DISCLAIMER
> - LICENSE and NOTICE are incorrect as:
>    - NOTICE lists BSD and MIT software which should be in LICENSE
>    - LICENSE is missing BSD/MIT and other bundled software
>    - NOTICE includes software that is not bundled (e.g. junit + others)
>    - NOTICE is probably missing item from bundled Apache license NOTICE files (e.g.karaf
+ others) [13]

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
> 2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
> 3. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-rc
> 4. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#glossary-incubator-dist
> 5. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/unomi/ (is empty)
> 6. http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
> 7. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
> 8. /samples/tweet-button-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/unomi/samples/tweet_button_plugin/actions/IncrementTweetNumberAction.java
> 9. /samples/tweet-button-plugin/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/blueprint.xml
> 10. /package/src/main/resources/lib/sigar/
> 11 .http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#deps-of-deps
> 12. https://github.com/hyperic/sigar/blob/master/NOTICE
> 13. https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/NOTICE

Jean-Baptiste Onofré