From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adopting non-ASF AL projects (was Re: [DISCUSS] Kudu incubator proposal)
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 07:13:51 GMT

On 11/27/15, 10:50 PM, "Ted Dunning" <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

>Explain that you represent an apache project which would like to
>incorporate the project in question. Ask if they are cool with their
>contribution being licensed as ASL.

The code is already under AL.  I think we want them to give permission to
make the ASF the new home for future development?

>A simple email confirmation should be fine.

So, no ICLA required from these contributors?  And if we don't hear back
from a contributor, we can't take his code?  And does the code that does
get permission still have to go through IP Clearance or do we trust it
because it is already AL?

Thanks,
-Alex