From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Short form IP clearance
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 03:57:41 GMT
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> I'd noted that
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/httpd-mod_h2-clearance.html
> never had a corresponding clearance/acceptance thread at general@i.a.o,
> so it appears that the current instructions no longer match the methodology
> documented in-practice by our VP Legal.  Jim, perhaps you can put together
> a change summary of what the actual incubator committee 'oversight'
> consists of, today? Current practice might already alleviate Greg's
> concerns.

I just believe that web page is incorrect -- that one PMC has no
jurisdiction over another. Thus, the page needs to be fixed. That's the one
thing I wanted, but it appears to be controversial.

If the Legal Affairs Committee(*) wants a "second set of eyes", then fine
... but please clarify that under www.a.o/legal/ with
instructions/clarification.

Thanks,
-g

(*) I've been remiss in earlier emails, in who to ask -- decisions are made
by the Board committee, who is chaired by VP Legal.