From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: maturity guidelines (was Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation)
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 21:37:34 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Joe Schaefer <joesuf4@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think anybody is pining to make compliance with Bertrand's very nice
> document into a policy document.

To be fair, one offshoot of the 'undersigned' epic had that implication.
It got shot down with 'trust the mentors' argument. And..

> Rather, some people are finding it a useful
> guide to gauging project maturity, which is great and should be encouraged.

...that brought us to our current, much less forceful, treatment
of the maturity model. Which is what I (and a few others including
it seems yourself) have been advocating on *this* thread.

Thanks,
Roman.