From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Groovy from the Incubator
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 12:25:15 GMT

On 11/01/2015 07:48 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Thanks for sending this around, Paul - I should've linked it to the vote
> thread, duh...
>
> Anyway, back to Rich's question: the answer is 'yes' as implied by my +1 on
> the vote. Why would I be voting for the graduation if I weren't sure the
> project is ready? Looks like a rhetorical question, this one.

No, it's not a rhetorical question at all. I suspect, as I have
mentioned in other threads, that some people vote +1 on these things
without doing a whole lot of background checking. Paul's response is
what I was looking for.

If it's all just rhetorical questions then why do we bother at all?
Graduation is a one-time thing. We can afford to apply a little
additional scrutiny to it. This is something we can't afford to get wrong.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon