From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Wave Release 0.4.0-incubating (RC10)
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 07:14:37 GMT
Hi,

+1 binding.

Could you please fix the LICENCE Appendix in the next release. The text should be "Copyright
[yyyy] [name of copyright owner]” not "Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation”.

I checked:
- artefact has incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE  has minor issue with the copyright in the appendix. Not required but it could also
use the sort form in LICENSE [1] particularly as you bundle the software LICENSE files.
- NOTICE good.
- All source files have Apache headers
- No unexpected binary file in source release (but see below)
- can compile from source
- test pass

I notice there’s a couple of photographs in the source release, I assume you have permission
from the person who took them to use these? IF so you may want to put that in the LICENSE.

There's a number of binary file without extensions in /thumbnail_patterns/ but they all look
to be PNGs is this the case? Where did these images come from?

I had a quick look at the binary release and the LICENCE and NOTICE appear comprehensive.
I didn;t do a though check. I did notice that the year is incorrect in the NOTICE file and
LICENSE appendix has the same issue.  It’s actually wrong here as non ASF Apache licensed
software is mentioned. There no need to mean Apache licensed software in the LICENCE but no
harm is done by donning so. [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps