From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project Website Template
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:37:45 GMT

> On Nov 7, 2015, at 6:40 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I also think it would be useful to provide a template for maven/java based
>> projects. There would be a pom.xml, module/pom.xml and
>> module/org/apache/foo/Foo.java, and just enough content in the pom.xml to
>> be able to make a release by typing “mvn release:prepare … mvn
>> release:perform”. If anyone is interested I’ll do it.
>
> I believe this is already available if your "parent pom" inherit from
> "apache pom".
> See: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/tags/apache-17/

In my experience you need a lot more in a pom than to just inherit from the apache pom. For
example you need to configure maven-assembly-plugin to generate a artifacts called apache-foo-x.y-src
rather than foo-x.y-src, and use checksum-maven-plugin to generate md5 and sha-1 checksums.
Most projects will probably also want checkstyle, to generate a git.properties file containing
the commit id, and set up some RAT exclusions.

Julian