From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adopting non-ASF AL projects (was Re: [DISCUSS] Kudu incubator proposal)
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:57:48 GMT

Alex

The question is whether the claim that the code is actually under ASL is correct. If the contributors
didn't understand that the ASL was to be applied or have some grotesque misunderstanding about
what copyright means or what granting an irrevocable license means, it is good to flush it
out.

Most people just won't care especially in a moribund project.

Also, the email confirmation is just for small bits.  And iCla would be preferable for big
bits.

Sent from my iPhone