From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Johnzon 0.9.2-incubating release
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:28:59 GMT
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark forwarded the vote at the beginning of dev@ vote. Therefore it sounds
> to me we don't need to vote again on these binaries.

Apache votes are on the source releases, not binaries.

> Can you confirm it
> please?

I assume that the intent of Mark's email was to run the IPMC vote and
the podling dev list vote concurrently.  As we have discussed
previously, that is an acceptable practice -- it's just not
recommended because podling RM's often mess up their RCs and so we
wind up with extra "oops cancel that... oops cancel that too" threads
on general@incubator which is a high-traffic list.

Additionally, Mark's intent to give the IPMC a chance to vote on the
release may not have been clear because his email was rather subtle. I
would argue that the vote thread was within the letter of the policy
and thus valid, but it would be better to be clearer in the future.

Marvin Humphrey