From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mentor neutrality policy
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:39:57 GMT
On 10/10/2015 Daniel Gruno wrote:
> I'm not suggesting we start auditing people. As later clarified, I am
> suggesting people recuse themselves from voting if they (or others?)
> feel that they have economic or other corporate interests that may cloud
> either their judgment or their perceived judgment.

Wouldn't it be enough to ask mentors to disclose their interests rather
than prohibiting them to participate in activities?

If the IPMC is properly informed, then it may add mentors or discuss
with the existing mentors, or simply use more scrutiny on the project,
to avoid unwanted situations.

If the above sounds naive it might be due to the fact that I have no
experience (as far as I know) with podlings that had the issues
described by Daniel. But I agree with Daniel's principles.

Regards,
   Andrea.