From Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [REVISED] Mentor neutrality policy
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:23:00 GMT

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The revised edition, as partly suggested by Sam (and echoed by Bertrand)

> was:
>
> - Binding votes on incubation, graduation and/or retirement are only
> valid when given by members of the IPMC who are independent from the
> podling in question. Mentors are free to recommend such actions, but
> cannot cast a vote themselves.

I’m think I get it.  There are so many ways to make an end run around this, that I feel
it would give us a false sense of security.

If you have a problem with a specific individual I would ask, "how did an untrustworthy mentor
make it into the 'system’?”  Also, that indicates that you, personally, have work to do
with the VP of the IPMC.

You indicated that you have a specific concern with an individual.  Are you also saying that
the problem is systemic?

> I don't believe I mentioned MIA mentors anywhere - is that something you
> wish to discuss as well?

No, sorry, catching up on emails over the Columbus weekend and I got mixed up…  :(

Regards,
Alan