From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calcite graduation review
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 02:10:02 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:58 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
> > Given the (minor) license issues with the last release, it might be
> > better to make one more incubating release?
>
> Making a flawless release is definitely not a graduation requirement, and I
> don't think it would benefit the podling to voluntarily remain in the
> Incubator for only that purpose.
>
> What we should expect from graduating podlings is that they are
> conscientious
> about licensing, responsive when issues are raised, and competent enough to
> handle simple situations and seek guidance as needed.  There will be
> numerous
> opportunities down the road as a TLP to put those skills to use when
> contributions are submitted which contain licensing glitches. :)

Agreed.  I know the last time they reported, there was a strong feeling
that they were ready to graduate.  I think I'm comfortable seeing this
through, since it's a pretty strong team on this podling.

I would like to hear from mentors on whether or not they agree.  I see one
note regarding the majority of commits coming from a single contributor.  I
think it was answered properly.