From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache htrace-4.0.1-incubating
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:13:14 GMT
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 binding. You may want consider some changes to LICENSE / NOTICE for the next release.

Thanks, Justin.

> I checked:
> - file contain incubating
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE have minor issues (see below)
> - all source files have headers
> - no unexpected binary files
> - can compile source release
>
> For LICENSE:
> - Missing MIT licence normalize.css

Hmm.  This is part of bootstrap, so it should be covered by the section on that?

> - Not obvious that Units, CMP or go-codec is contained in the source release. If so they
are not required to be mentioned in LICENSE.

CMP is contained in htrace-c/src/util/cmp.c and
htrace-c/src/util/cmp.h.  I filed HTRACE-268 for adding a comment
about where the CMP files live... and for removing Units and go-codec
from LICENSE, since they are not bundled in the repo.

> It's best to try a keep content of NOTICE to a minimum. [1]
> - No need for NOTICE to contain reference to license (everything is permissive)
> - The Owl logo information should be in LICENSE I think

I filed HTRACE-267 for moving the owl logo license information out of
INFO, and into LICENSE.

cheers,
Colin