From Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should Apache VOTEs be in a first-come, first-serve queue?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 19:18:14 GMT
Hi,

> Thought 1: Who is "we" in this scenario? That is, whose budget do you imagine the $60
coming out of?

Me personally.

> Thought 2: No, there's no chance that this kind of expenditure would be permissible under
our non-profit status.

Of course. I'm mainly speaking as a devil's advocate to the notion that getting Apache VOTEs
is about marketing yourself.

> Thought 3: Even if someone persuades me that it's permissible, it seems pretty clearly
a Bad Thing To Do. The day we have to start paying people to vote, we should lock the doors
and go home.

Exactly. Hence why I argue for a VOTE queue.

Thanks Rich,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com