From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] corinthia PPMC+committer -= dortef, franz, gbg, ianc, jani, louis, pmkelly
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 22:44:12 GMT
Hello;

I am sad to see corinthia move outside the ASF. It looks like it's
pretty late to change that and as someone said Apache is not for
everyone. In any case I thought I'd comment:

In Apache OpenOffice we considered the same situation with GTK, and the
general consensus at the time is that GTK was to be considered a system
library. Our function in OpenOffice was not to create a graphics toolkit
so the consideration seemed appropriate. We also just had to adapt to
whatever set of tools each OS offers.

We did have a plan B: the enlightenment foundation libraries should
serve a similar purpose and are under a BSD license:

https://www.enlightenment.org/

I understand Webkit is mixed LGPL+BSD, getting a quality replacement
for that is probably not easy.

Pedro.