From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question related to IP Clearance and software grant
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 16:15:13 GMT
jan i wrote:
> Your concern is valid for all countries in EU. except if a country has a
> exception. the default in the IT industry is that the employer
> need to allow you to do similar work off hours ...
> in any case copyright belong to the company.

Wow, this is really interesting! I know this is not legal-discuss, but
if you have any pointers I would really like to read them.

I don't know of any similar regulations for Italy (I work for an Italian
company), but this is due to pure ignorance. All my Apache work, and a
significant part of the open-source work of my colleagues, is done
outside working hours, so your note is very interesting for me.

If you have any more information I'm looking forward to reading it.
Otherwise, thanks a lot for an eye-opening remark because so far I had
assumed that by default a contract would not interfere with off-hours
activities. To be clear: my past and future contributions to Apache are
not endangered in any way, but still I had never thought this could
apply by default in the EU. And I'll get it checked in any case.

Regards,
   Andrea.