From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] IPMC vote needed for Ripple release 0.9.30 (was RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.30)
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 02:14:55 GMT
On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Ross Gardler <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you Marvin. John I note that you use this as part of your due diligence process.
On the next release we will copy the result vote to the general thread.

I'm trying really hard to avoid dragging Ripple into a wider Incubator
discussion, but copying only the RESULT email would pose a problem.
The full IPMC must be given the opportunity to review any release,
because Apache does not allow subsets of a PMC to approve a release.

What would work fine is for Ripple to copy the initial VOTE thread to
general@incubator.  That has been done a number of times in the past.

Marvin Humphrey