From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:33:41 GMT

On 7/17/15, 3:05 AM, "Paul King" <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:

>On 13/07/2015 10:12 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>> [...snip...]
>> - Short form of bundled licenses are preferred to long version
>
>One thing I forgot to ask. What does short form mean? We can have
>a URL link to the license text? Or something else?

IIRC, from [1], instead of copying whole licenses into your LICENSE file,
you can use something like:

  This product bundles SuperWidget 1.2.3, which is available under a
  "3-clause BSD" license.  For details, see deps/superwidget/.

and have the license downloaded and bundled with the bits where possible.

-Alex

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html