From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.0-incubating
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:46:33 GMT
Thanks to Justin for his thorough review, as always.

I have pinged back the Apache Zeppelin community to see if we could
quickly address the issue.

- Henry

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
>> Has the author of zeppelin-server/src/test/java/com/webautomation/ScreenCaptureHtmlUnitDriver.java
signed a ICLA?

> It looks like came from Selenium community -
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/selenium-developers/Ivan$20Vasiliev$20%7Csort:relevance/selenium-developers/PTR_j4xLVRM/k2yVq01Fa7oJ
>
> If license header can't be attached discretionally by a third party, I
> don't think this can be included. -1 (binding) I think it'd be nice to
> fix every LICENSE and NOTICE issues.
>

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> +1 binding
>>
>> Please fix the LICENSE/NOTICE issues are fixed for next release. Given everything
involved is Apache comparable it's more a documentation issue but still important to get right.
If you need a hand or need it reviewed before your next release just ask.

>> The LICENSE/NOTICE issues and missing DISCLAIMER from the binary files is more serious
and IMO they shouldn’t be released but I’ll leave that up to the PMC/IPMC.

>> I checked:
>> - signatures and hashes good
>> - incubating in source file
>> - DISCLAIMER exists
>> - LICENSE isn’t correct (see below)
>> - NOTICE also has issues (see below)
>> - All source has apache headers (except one)
>> - No unexpected binary files
>> - Can compile from source
>>
>> LICENSE and NOTICE issues
>> - LICENSE states "Copyright 2014, NFLabs inc.” when it should be ASF and specified
in the NOTICE file.
>> - NOTICE contains Font Awesome (SIL + MIT), Ace (BSD), Simple line icons (MIT) but
there is no need for these to be in NOTICE [1]
>> - LICENSE should contain things mentioned in NOTICE [1]
>> - Has the author of  zeppelin-server/src/test/java/com/webautomation/ScreenCaptureHtmlUnitDriver.java
signed a ICLA? I notice it’s missing a header and it’s not 100% clear to me what it’s
licensing is.

>> For the binary release:
>> - Missing NOTICE and DISCLAIMER from top level directory
>> - Unadorned LICENSE and NOTICE in META_INF or jar and war so not correct, please
see [2]. There's several NOTICE files in the libs jars that would have an impact on the binary
NOTICE file [3]