From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:32:40 GMT
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> Shall we agree that the community is ready to graduate and task the new PMC
> with a couple of the action items such as keep recruiting outside
> committers,
> thus growing the viability of the project, and improving the JIRA
> communication process? If we can agree on this last proposal then we just
> might have the consensus.
>
> Is it a reasonable course of action?

I think that there is a reasonable question about whether the community is
ready to graduate.  That question hinges on whether the development is
really being done in the open.

I think that there is good evidence of good will in the mailing list
history.  That probably means that any defect in behavior is inadvertent.

Until the first question about off-list development is resolved, I would
like to change my vote to -1.  This is purely for the purpose of spurring
the resolution of the development process question.