From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 00:06:00 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Valentin Kulichenko <
valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do all issues get discussed on the dev list? I would say we are very close
> to it. Yes, of course, there is some Skype communication given that the
> project is very complex and the team is distributed. But if you look on the
> dev list you will see that  all (or close to all) of the discussions do
> find their way to the dev list and the community does participate very
> actively.

OK.

Let's take some examples combined from the JIRA I mentioned and the most
recently resolved JIRAs:

IGNITE-1134 - No hits on the dev list with this string.  There is now one
comment on the JIRA (from 15 hours ago).

IGNITE-630 - Two comments during development, both disconnected and having
nothing to do with what the problem is or how it is solved.  Nothing on the
mailing list as far as I can tell. 14 hours ago there were some benchmarks
posted and then 8 hours ago, the issue was closed.

IGNITE-1131 - One comment applied as the bug was fixed.  I can't find any
mailing list discussion.

IGNITE-1109 - One cryptic comment, no description on the JIRA.  No mailing
list comments as far as I can tell.

(woof, this takes a lot of work to track these down)

So can you see what I mean that it doesn't look like things are getting
discussed on the list?

My presumption is that this looks very different from your side of the
email chain.  What is it that is causing us to have such different
impressions?