From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.0-incubating
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 04:58:01 GMT
> Has the author of zeppelin-server/src/test/java/com/webautomation/ScreenCaptureHtmlUnitDriver.java
signed a ICLA?

It looks like came from Selenium community -
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/selenium-developers/Ivan$20Vasiliev$20%7Csort:relevance/selenium-developers/PTR_j4xLVRM/k2yVq01Fa7oJ

If license header can't be attached discretionally by a third party, I
don't think this can be included. -1 (binding) I think it'd be nice to
fix every LICENSE and NOTICE issues.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 binding
>
> Please fix the LICENSE/NOTICE issues are fixed for next release. Given everything involved
is Apache comparable it's more a documentation issue but still important to get right. If
you need a hand or need it reviewed before your next release just ask.

> The LICENSE/NOTICE issues and missing DISCLAIMER from the binary files is more serious
and IMO they shouldn’t be released but I’ll leave that up to the PMC/IPMC.

> I checked:
> - signatures and hashes good
> - incubating in source file
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE isn’t correct (see below)
> - NOTICE also has issues (see below)
> - All source has apache headers (except one)
> - No unexpected binary files
> - Can compile from source
>
> LICENSE and NOTICE issues
> - LICENSE states "Copyright 2014, NFLabs inc.” when it should be ASF and specified
in the NOTICE file.
> - NOTICE contains Font Awesome (SIL + MIT), Ace (BSD), Simple line icons (MIT) but there
is no need for these to be in NOTICE [1]
> - LICENSE should contain things mentioned in NOTICE [1]
> - Has the author of  zeppelin-server/src/test/java/com/webautomation/ScreenCaptureHtmlUnitDriver.java
signed a ICLA? I notice it’s missing a header and it’s not 100% clear to me what it’s
licensing is.

> For the binary release:
> - Missing NOTICE and DISCLAIMER from top level directory
> - Unadorned LICENSE and NOTICE in META_INF or jar and war so not correct, please see
[2]. There's several NOTICE files in the libs jars that would have an impact on the binary
NOTICE file [3]

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps