From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:37:37 GMT
On 29.07.2015 18:14, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015, at 03:19 AM, Branko ─îibej wrote:
>> Personally I'm not too happy with how this community tracks issues, but
>> hey, if it works for them, why fix it? It'll be a fine day when the IPMC
>> starts telling podlings how their development workflow should look like.
> Does "works for them" translate into "people not currently in the
> community can follow how the existing community tracks issues, so they
> can contribute and become part of the community"? If so, then maybe it's
> OK. If it's not transparent to folks not currently part of that
> community, it's hard to see how the community will sustain itself with
> new members as other folks inevitably move on to other projects.

Given that new contributors keep showing up on a regular basis, I have
to assume that it's not so opaque as all that.

Anyway, Ignite has been discussing and implementing a revised (and IMO
better) set of policies for Jira use and git workflow since this
discussion started; other than displaying an incomprehensible preference
for RTC, it seems to be going well.

-- Brane