From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:38:33 GMT

On 2015-07-22 00:41, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 12:17AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> Is this a reply to me or to Pierre?
>>
>> I have not mentioned 63% anywhere. I have stated that we have a
>> policy that states that a podling must have an open and diverse
>> meritocratic community.  The link you put in your reply says exactly
>> that.
> it was question to Daniel because I don't see where proposed podling fails to
> have "an open and diverse meritocratic community"; alas I don't see where the
> alleged "policy scraping" is happening. The only quantitative data point I
> have seen so far is these "63%" - hence my reference.
I wrote "scrap", not "scrape". They are two different words with
different meanings.
I was referring to Ted's argument that diversity was not a bar to
graduation, which seems to contradict our policy.

Either that published policy needs to be changed (and that should be
done outside this podling discussion), or the graduation needs to adhere
to that policy. But simply ignoring it is not something I am willing to do.

WIth regards,
Daniel.

> If this conversation has any attempt to be actionable - let's at least try to
> be fact-of-matter. So far it was just a vague pointing to the out-of-context
> quotes from the Incubator's guidelines.
>
> Regards,
>    Cos
>
>> With regards,
>> Daniel.
>>
>> On 2015-07-22 00:16, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>>> Sorry, which part of the quoted policy the 63% is allegedly scraping out?
>>>
>>> For easy reference, here's the link
>>>      https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>>>
>>> to the document containing the section of "Creating an Open and Diverse
>>> community". So far I haven't heard a single matter of fact evidence supporting
>>> your claim.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>    Cos

in understanding