From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.4-incubating
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:02:19 GMT
Am 17.07.2015 09:31, schrieb Emmanuel L├ęcharny:
[...]
> Now, I'm a bit scared : why the hell can't we make it easier to cut a
> release at Apache for this project ? I mean, the infrastructure should
> not be a limitation here : we do have a CI, we most certainly can tune
> it to fit Groovy.

that would not change anything. What makes things complicated is points
of human interaction in the middle of the release process. That won't be
different with a better tuned CI

[...]
> I'd like to remember everyone that each project is quite able to define
> the way they do things, as soon as they fits in the Apache process,
> which is not that rigid.

Not as rigid... on this list it has been made clear, that anything that
is even remotely something like a release is to be handled as such.
Furthermore, it was made clear, that third parties are supposed to be
prevented to provide their own releases, even if it means to use the
brand to force things. Even maven central is seen as evil in that sense.
And of course any apache member is not allowed to do some kind f release
on its own. This is just to give an example of the things that accompany
the process. And those are rigid already.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou