From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Graduate Ignite from the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 22:16:44 GMT
Sorry, which part of the quoted policy the 63% is allegedly scraping out?

For easy reference, here's the link
    https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

to the document containing the section of "Creating an Open and Diverse
community". So far I haven't heard a single matter of fact evidence supporting
your claim.

Thanks
  Cos

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:48PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:

> On 07/21/2015 10:39 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:
> > Present time diversity or lack of same is not a bar to graduation.
>
> So we should just scrap the bit in the Incubator policy that says "A
> major criterion for graduation is to have developed an open and diverse
> meritocratic community."?
>
> I think not.
>

> > What is important is that the committers and PMC of the new project
> > understand how to make releases and are building community.
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks, Konstantin, for the enlighting quote. And the link leading to
> >> nowhere.
> >>
> >> If we take away the names of the mentors from the list (Branko, Roman and
> >> yours) as well as those in other projects (Evans) from the list of intended
> >> project members, the situation even grows worse. Then the number grows to
> >> 77%. That doesn't look promising regarding independence, and neither
> >> regarding healthiness.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>

> >> Pierre Smits
> >>
> >> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*