From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Mysos into the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 01:54:56 GMT
On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is vexed because when pronounced by many people, it sounds almost
> identical to how those same people would pronounce Mesos.
>
> That can lead to confusion.

As there has been no trademark confusion raised, I would strongly
prefer that we provide a tremendous amount of deference towards the
desire of the contributors/community to the naming of the project.

They've expressed their desire to keep Mysos as their name.  That is
more than sufficient for me.  -- justin

P.S. FWIW, I definitely don't pronounce Mysos the same as Mesos...but, YMMV.