From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: June report prep
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 06:37:05 GMT
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The responsibilities of the Report Manager are documented using a script,
>> report_runbook.py, which generates all the necessary commands.  Ted, please
>> try running this from a checkout of the Incubator Subversion repo:
>>
>>     python3 report_runbook.py --month=6 --apache-id=tdunning
>>
>> The first action of the June report cycle is to send the "timeline" email
>> to general@incubator.  This should be done by the last Wednesday of the
>> month, so that people see it a full week before podling reports are due.
>> Here's a sample:
>
> Yay!
>
> With the correct version of python, this now works for me.  We won't know
> what problems I had before, but I don't plan to care too much.

Hi Ted,

Now that the deadline has passed for filing podling reports, we can perform a
few more actions.

*   Normalize podling report formatting.
*   Generate list of releases.
*   Categorize the podlings by stage of incubation and create the podling
    summary.
*   Edit podlings.xml to assign podlings who did not report a "monthly" tag
    so that they don't fall through the cracks.  See
    <http://s.apache.org/At0>.

See the output of report_runbook.py for more detailed instructions and let us
know if you have questions.

I'll work on the narrative section either tomorrow or Saturday.

The goal is to have everything done by Sunday night so that we can send out a
mature draft on Monday.

Marvin Humphrey