From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Communicating intent around non-release, downstream integration binary artifacts
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:21:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
<Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We can debate words on a page forever, or we can work with the intent and
> get on with producing software.

Amen.  So when's that Geode release coming?

> My summary of the intent: Don't advertise automated "non-release" artifacts
> in such a way that people may accidentally stumble across them and believe
> them to be production releases. That's it.

Apache projects have to *release*.  Snapshots are not a substitute.

This goes double for any podling which has not yet demonstrated that its
codebase is clean enough and its community mature enough to withstand the
release process.

Marvin Humphrey