From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.2.0 release (RC2)
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:20:37 GMT
Hi,

> I think the real problem is that many projects actually have different
> binaries in their release which are needed for the project
> (not only test data), and looking at our TLP projects nobody complains.

In general most binary files are not an issue but jars, wars or other compiled files (dll,
exes etc etc) are.  So when [1] say no binaries, what it mean to say is no unexpected binaries.
The text makes it a bit clearer. I’ve certainly reviewed many incubator and TLP releases
that included binary files and normally it’s not an issue.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list