From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: JavaX
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 21:09:11 GMT

> The one thing I require is that I retain the right to do the same thing -
> publish and talk about the language by myself, call my products JavaX and
> so on.

Generally speaking, we wouldn't permit this. There have been
exceptions in the past, but generally if JavaX becomes a project at
the Apache Software Foundation, it would need to have sole rights to
the trademark, or it would need to choose another name. E.g. we
generally don't allow folks to bring a project here, and
simultaneously continue to externally release a software product
bearing the same name. There are generally two trains of thought -
either 1) change your external product name, or 2) change the project
name.

Of course you may continue talking about, writing about and otherwise
promoting the Apache project that would be named JavaX, in fact we'd
encourage that.

--David