From Stefan Reich <stefan.reich.maker.of....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JavaX
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 11:08:58 GMT
Hi all!

Thanks for your answers :-)

> Are you working alone on the project? Do you have any other contributors
the code base? Perhaps it might be a good seed for the new community?

I am trying hard to find other contributors. There is a certain state of
blockade it seems...

Contributors, however, would include just people who program with JavaX.
That is a very low hurdle (just requires knowledge of Java). I can do all
the rest, including advancing the language.

I am very fine with being the official person in charge within the
incubated project, if that is possible.

What I need to break through with the project, I think, is some more
attention and maybe a bit of "endorsement". If JavaX is part of the Apache
incubator, that could just be that kind of endorsement.

Please tell me how to proceed! This is all like a bootstrapping process;
taking the initial hurdle of building a user base. I have worked on this in
various ways since at least 2011. It's quite a bit of work moving up from
being a "nobody", but I think it can be done... :-)

(PS: I read the slides about the ASF and I agree with almost everything.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the voting process, like who exactly
gets to vote and veto and so on. I've seen too many saboteurs in my days
:-))

All the best,
Stefan