From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:33:11 GMT
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:

> It is my pleasure and privilege to open up the following
> proposal:
>    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GroovyProposal

Thanks Roman,

the proposal looks great and I am super happy to see Groovy in these lands!

As the PMC chair for the Apache OFBiz project I would be particularly pleased to have Groovy
in the ASF: we use Groovy a lot and we have also implemented a DSL based on it [*].
I remember that, when some time ago I contributed an enhancement for Groovy-core for some
performance issues we discovered in OFBiz [**], the interaction with the Groovy committers
has been pleasant and productive. I look forward at more future collaborations among our projects
and I will definitely closely follow Groovy in the Incubation process.

Jacopo

[*] I also presented it at two ApacheCon in Denver and Budapest
[**] https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/pull/256