From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject RE: GPL Code in GitHub
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 17:26:10 GMT
In *github* you should not be worried about GPL code. In git.apache.org you
should. (Apache's git repos are mirrored back again to github.com/apache
but that is another matter)

Apologies for not knowing your context..

If you are staging the github repos to move them into Apache, then I would
remove any GPL-using code first to new repos, or (less disruptive) set up
intermediate forks that you clean up and then stage to git.apache.

Just to check: You don't have any code/binary that is GPL *in your git
repository* which you don't have the right to relicense to Apache (under
the Software Grant), right?  That could complicate things slightly.