From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:33:25 GMT
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Is the wider Groovy community aware that transitioning to Apache is not
> done overnight? There is no guarantee this will be complete by mid-April,
> which to me sounds optimistic...

The full transition might take some time, but as soon as a podling has
a dev mailing list, code repository and issue tracker it can start to
operate.

And code obviously...so working on the software grants already [1]
might be a good idea, and the Groovy podling committers who don't have
@apache.org accounts yet can already send their iCLAs in [2], that
doesn't hurt.

Apache accounts creation is fast these days in my experience, I
haven't seen > 24 hours lately.

-Bertrand

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt