From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ignite (Incubating) 1.0-RC3
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 00:18:46 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan
<dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> These are a few files back-ported directly from OpenJdk v8 code into
> Ignite. For example, you can find the same file in OpenJDK here:
> http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/root/jdk/openjdk/8-b132/java/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap.java
>
> This question had already come up during the PPMC vote. We concluded that
> these files are safe because they are dual-licensed, as they have also been
> officially donated to the public domain. All these files have this comment
> in the header:
> -------
> /*
>  * This file is available under and governed by the GNU General Public
>  * License version 2 only, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
>  * However, the following notice accompanied the original version of this
>  * file:
>  *
>  * Written by Doug Lea with assistance from members of JCP JSR-166
>  * Expert Group and released to the public domain, as explained at
>  * http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
>  */
> --------
>
> Please let me know if you still see an issue here.

It sounds like the current version consists of GPL modifications
layered on top of a public domain original.  If that's accurate, then
the original public domain version would be kosher, but the current
versions with GPL mods would not be.

Marvin Humphrey