From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:35:52 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> Am 12.03.2015 10:57, schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:08 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> ...The proposal talks several places about a vibrant community and the
>>> initial
>>> commiters are only 5...
>>

>> As others have said this was discussed while preparing the proposal. I
>> also agree that it's fine to include only the "core" Groovy committers
>> to enter incubation, as usual it will be their task to grow that
>> community before graduating.
>

> community equals committers?
>
> Anyway... how many committers would you guys find appropriate to exit
> incubation - whenever that will be? 5 seems not to be enough. Not asking for
> an exact number here of course.

Easy: we reach out to all the folks who may have a legitimate claim to have
contributed to the project in substantial ways and ivite extend an offer to them
(explaining that being a committer is...well... a commitment). The # of those
who would like to join is the number we need to consider.

Thanks,
Roman.