From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Slider 0.70.0-incubating
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 18:30:35 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> As gour said, those binaries are just a bit of hadoop-2.6 needed to try to get slider-windows
on jenkins to work

> Given that for other issues with getting that build up related to the FS, I can just
cull these and if/when I get back to getting that build working (which may need changes to
Hadoop) I'll stick those native libs up somewhere&  have the build D/L them. I've promised
to create a set of binaries for the ASF Hadoop releases —probably initially just locally,
maybe later serving them up via mvn.

> w.r.t rat, I thought we were doing this, though as we've been changing to handing off
the build to mvn rather than more manual, it may have unintentionally culled from the process.

I was a little surprised at this as well because I'm rather certain I
explicitly invoked the rat-plugin by hand when I was vetting it.

I don't see any exclusions at a glance, so either I'm not remembering
what I actually checked correctly or something fishy is going on. Either
way, it's a lesson learned to not rely solely on RAT :)