From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lens 2.0.1-beta-incubating
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:26:13 GMT
Hi,

> Let us know if we have to roll another candidate with those issues fixed or taking care
of them in
> next release version is sufficient.

Taking care of them in the next release is fine by me. They are all IMO very minor issues.
I'd actually expect more issue for a first release, so well done there.

> Yes. Some of them are pre-apache releases and some of them are from 1.x
> line after incubating apache to support 1.x. Let us know if there are
> issues with putting artifacts there.

There may be an issue here, you can't publicly publish anything that not an official release
and if you do it should be in the expected place on Apache hardware.[1]

> Let us know if we should remove them.

Given you can select the license when something is dual licensed and that GPL license is not
compatible with the Apache  license I's remove them. Other IPMC members may have other opinions.

> Except the js files, everything else is CDDL+GPL or EPL+EDL, which required
> mention in the NOTICE.

Which also AFAIK are not required to be added to NOTICE [2]

> Sorry, I did not understand which NOTICE file you are referring to here.

The binary one - see [3].

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what +  http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-GA