From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we need @ASFIncubator ?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:41:35 GMT
Thanks, Ted.

That's exactly my point. But obviously the choice is up to you (collectively; IPMC).

I support however you'd like to proceed. And of course, we'll be following you from @TheASF
<g>

Cheers,
Sally

________________________________
From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: TheApacheFoundation <press@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 12:56
Subject: Re: Do we need @ASFIncubator ?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

Just my 2 cents - "asfincubator" is preferable to "apacheincubator" in
>1) clarity ("apache" alone is less clear) and 2) shorter, and saving
>characters on twitter is important.

The counter argument is that outsiders will not have a clue what ASF is, but they may have
a clue what Apache is, especially when attached to incubator.  Googling either phrase, with
or without spaces, gives reasonable results.  ASFIncubator is slightly less good than the
versions with spaces.  ApacheIncubator is as good as the others.

My tendency is to think of the naive reader, rather than the experienced one.