From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is "The Apache Way"?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:19:35 GMT
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> I would pour my heart and soul into such a role.  I would give everything I
> have to coordinate the delivery of minimalist authoritative documentation
> worthy of Apache's traditions.  It would be a huge contribution to open
> source
> software, lightening the load for hundreds of projects and thousands of
> developers.

This point is absolutely huge.  A well written minimalist policy could
easily be forked by lots of non-Apache projects in much the way that the
ASL itself is widely used.

Improving the quality of Apache releases is great.  Improving the quality
of open source releases generally would be quite a bit greater.