From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:35:11 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> ...I think the IPMC is doing almost all of the above better. Everything except for "Failed".
I think that
> now we are blaming the mentor. Let's get over it. Not every podling will work....

That's distinct concerns IMO: some podlings are failing and no mentor
can save them, but there are also podlings that would be doing better
if they had sufficiently active mentors.

Also, from the point of view of oversight, the IPMC needs a way to
find out how podlings are doing, and that's delegated to mentors.
Failing that, poor IPMC volunteers have to step up and that gets
boring over time.

-Bertrand