From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Podlings should be in charge of their mentors (was: Incubator report sign-off)
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:21:03 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> As for measuring the mentors activity, I suggest simply adding a
> question to the podling reports, "who are your two active mentors and
> are you happy with their activity" along with requiring report
> sign-off from those two mentors.

This is basically what I proposed a few months back when we
were talking about 360-degree feedback being incorporated
into the Incubator report. Last time this idea was +0ish at best.

The tracking part is easy, though. What's difficult is the part
that would require us to do something with poddlings put
on hold. Unless we come up with clear exit criteria for
this new state -- I don't think we're solving any real problems
here.

Thanks,
Roman.