From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: proposal: mentor re-boot
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:09:06 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08.01.2015 15:32, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> The two mentor minimum is critical. I was going to make it three but
>> reasoned that if two were active, they could do the job.
>
> Why? I've not yet seen a single argument that would explain why you need
> at least two active mentors. One active mentor at any given time is
> sufficient for all current requirements.

A very, very strong +1 to that. In fact, I'd say anything that adds to
the complexity and bureaucracy of mentorship requirements -- is
a 'no go' in my opinion.

That's one reason I'm so strongly in favor of pTLP. They piggyback
off of the process we already have adding very little bureaucracy
and tracking overhead.

Thanks,
Roman.