From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:24:23 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I am in favor of #3 since it holds mentors accountable.  #1 is simply a washing of
> our hands and pawning the problem off on the board simple because some of us
> are unwilling to do uncomfortable things.

Here's the bit that seems to be misunderstood a lot in pTLP discussion: the
appealing part of that proposal is making mentors part of *real* PMCs of
*real* projects, as opposed to being beholden to a vague committee (IPMC).
In my (and a few others) opinion, this is the only structuring of incentive
that would make a needle on mentors being there *for real*. At least as
real as all the other PMCs of TLPs (which should be as good as it gets
at ASF).

That said, lets argue this in a thread where it belongs (the one started
by Benson).

Thanks,
Roman.